Thursday 29 June 2017

"Tech Support for the Lancashire area"


Who Is "Pete's PC Repairs" Computer Guy?


     First of all, thank you for taking time out to visit my website/blog/facebook page. I believe that everyone should have access to friendly, jargon-free computer advice and support at an affordable price. My services are aimed solely at home users and small businesses based in or around the Lancashire area. I am not part of a large nationwide support service.

     My name is Pete, and I have lived in Lancashire all of my life, and have been in the computer and communications industry for over 16 years. I'm often called a "geek" by friends and family, but I prefer to be called a "techie" (it sounds nicer). Whenever I help anyone with a computer problem, I always try to explain exactly what I am doing, and use plain English (where ever possible) instead of computer jargon. I know how confusing terms like "gigabytes" and "megahertz" can be if you don't use them every day.

     Politeness, integrity and common courtesy are key attributes that I feel are important to have, especially when you are inviting me in to your home. I will always respect your wishes, and accommodate you in any way that I can, as I feel that a personal recommendation from you is more valuable than any amount of advertising and flashy websites.

     If you like what I do, tell your family and friends. If you don't like what I do, tell me so that I can put things right!

Help For Home Users

     Customers often say to me that they are having problems with their computer, laptop or mobile device. These problems can vary from things like running really slow, annoying pop-ups, sending & receiving emails, setting up a printer or transferring information from an old computer. I can help you with all of these issues.

Support For Small Businesses

     If you run a small business, you rely heavily on computers to make the day to day running of your business smoother and easier. Having a computer crash or lock-up on you can cost time and money. Having a simple website or company email can generate extra business and income. I can help you with all of these issues.